Pictures of Riverside Arena Buildings
Click on picture for larger view, scroll down for picture caption


Riverside Roller Rink (No. 1)

Riverside Roller Rink (No. 1) was opened on May 30, 1940, by Lionel E. and Leonella E. LaMay. It was built with tin walls, a canvas roof and a portable wood floor. It was actually a tent! On July 24, 1940, after being open for only six weeks, a severe storm with 60 mile per hour winds destroyed the rink.